Sonablate Pre-course Physician Training Path
The SonaCare Medical Sonablate® HIFU physician training path includes a series of online training modules, interactive simulation sessions with case support specialists, live case observation, and in-person live case support. Prior to your first Sonablate HIFU case, you must complete minimum training requirements. During this pre-course, the attendee will obtain all the minimum requirements in order to perform a live case with in-person SonaCare Medical support, including:
• Initial online training modules (which will be provided in advance) • Live case observation
• One interactive simulation session.
• Dinner didactic lecture with Professor Mark Emberton
Participants will receive a SonaCare Medical certificate of completion at the end of the pre-course.
In-Office Transperineal Interventions
This course provides users with a didactic lecture followed by hands-on experience using state-of-the-art simulators/prostate phantoms with the following procedures:
• Administration of rectal hydrogel spacer (SpaceOARTM)
• Transperineal prostate biopsy under local anesthesia
• Transperineal fusion (Uronav, Koelis, FocalBx)
Fusion Guided Focal Therapy
This course provides users with the hands-on experience using state-of-the-art simulators/prostate phantoms with the following procedures:
• HIFU treatment planning for prostate HIFU ablation
• Cryoprobe placement and treatment planning for prostate cryoablation planning using transperineal fusion platform
• Planning for ablative therapy of prostate using MR/3D ultrasound fusion